The permanent leave option is available for employees with the following status. Invited, unverified, enabled and temporary leave.
In what cases is permanent leave intended for?
The permanent leave option is created for when an employee permanently leaves the company. Or also for permanent seasonal employees, that is, those who work for a period of the year in our company and are not hired again until the following season.
Another possible case of use is when the employee is going to change to another company within the same group. Therefore, to do this, we must grant them permanent leave to the current company in order to upload them to the new one afterwards.
How to process permanent leave?
To process a permanent leave for an employee, go to their profile or to the Employee Section on the platform. Once on the employee list, follow these steps:
- Click on the three-dotted menu for the employee.
- Select the option Process Permanent Leave.
- The platform will redirect you to a page with all the information to process the leave.
- Review each section of the page with relevant employee information and select the options you want to be performed.
- Click on the ‘Process the leave’ button and a modal will appear to confirm the action.
- If you are moving your employee from one company to another within your same group, select the check box and click “Process the leave.”
- Once leave has been confirmed, you will receive an email with the employee's payroll report and a summary of the actions taken.
What information will appear?
When processing an employee's permanent leave, you will have the following information available for you to review and decide what you want to do with a few items.
A leave is divided into 6 sections:
- General Employee Information: A summary of the details of the employee you are processing the leave for. These are merely informative details to identify an employee correctly with no questions whatsoever.
- Current Month’s Usage: purchases of each benefit the employee has at the time of the leave and that will appear on the payroll report that will be sent to you by email once the leave has been completed.
- Pending Recurring Payments: These are benefit-related payments still pending that operate by subscription or with commitment of permanence such as: health insurance, training or life insurance, among others. Recurring payments for these benefits will be cancelled.
If for any of these payments, there is a commitment of permanence and there
is still an outstanding amount, you will have to manage these separately, as
they will not be included in the payroll report.
- Rolled-Over Balance: Amounts the employee has accumulated either from company allowances or from their payroll. This balance will be left on the Cobee card so that employees can use it without an expiration date once they are on leave. These amounts can be delivered with their severance pay by checking the corresponding box.
This balance has already been reported in previous payrolls and will not be
reflected in the payroll report at the end of the permanent leave process.
If these rolled-over balances are withdrawn, they will appear on the payroll
report as a non-exempt recovered balance, because they cannot be delivered as
exempt benefits when processing their severance pay.
- Active Wallet Amounts: These are the remaining active wallet amounts for the current month. You can transfer these amounts to the employee's Cobee card for benefits such as: meals, transport, nursery or as a gift card. This will allow the employee to continue enjoying and optimising their tax benefit upon leaving the company.
The benefits available to deliver the remaining wallet amounts depend on
whether these are available in the wallet you have set up for your employees.
The maximum amounts to be delivered to wallet are subject to the maximum exempt
amounts for each benefit. For example, the Meals Benefit in Spain cannot exceed
220€ per month, even if the wallet has more money.
The gift card benefit can be delivered without limit as it is a non-exempt
benefit and therefore is not subject to any restriction.
- Final Report: After confirming the leave, you will receive an email summarising all the actions conducted and attaching the employee’s payroll adjustment report and the Novation Contract.